Wednesday, September 23, 2009

i love holidays!!!





















I know some people would say that I am on holidays everyday staying at home looking after my son but that is definitely not the case! motherhood is by far the hardest thing I have ever done and while I do absolutely LOVE my job as a mummy its no way near a holiday... a holiday to me is lying on the beach all day reading books, then coming home all sun-kissed and salty, having a shower and jumping into bed for a nap.. ;) ... but I dont think that will be happening in my life for at least another 18 years!

So anyway.. last week my hubby, bubby and I went away with my parents, grandparents and aunt and uncle to Margaret River in the south-west of WA.. such a beautiful part of Australia.. We had an amazing time and it was so nice to have a few extra hands to help with our son..

Just wanted to post a few pics of our trip and to ask if holidays now remind us of past holidays as kids..? because everytime I go away.. anywhere.. i think of the fun times I had as a child chasing my brothers through the waves at the beach, rollerblading down our grandparents driveway, sleeping in bunk beds and sneaking out at night to climb on the roof and watch the stars... those memories stay with me forever and seem to sneak into my thoughts while on holidays now making the time I spend with friends and family seem even more special because somehow they bring back a piece of me that gets lost in the busy, crazy world...

2 comments:

  1. Love that part of WA. My family spent many school holidays in Cowaramup when I was growing up so it is very dear to my heart.

    What beautiful new childhood memories you are making.

    Christie
    P.S. Love that sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky! It's holiday time, but no holidays for us, we're stuck at home with work as normal.
    Great photo of your little boy, it looks like he's really touching that cow and what a wonderful age. I wish I could turn back the clock to when mine was that age. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails